Exchange Limited ("RationalFX", “we”, “our”, and “us”). RationalFX is a company registered in England and Wales under number 05385999 with its registered office at Level 32, One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB, United Kingdom.
This policy (together with our user terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, through the Site will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the Sites, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
What we collect
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Sites, transfer money using our Sites and when you report a problem with our Sites.
The information you give us may include:
- Name, address and email address
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Financial and credit card information
- Payment reason
- Geographic location
- Copies of identification
- Address proof
We may collect, store and use the following information about your computer, mobile device or other item of hardware through which you access the website:
- Your visits to and use of the website (including without limitation your IP address, geographical location, browser/platform type and version)
- Internet Service Provider
- Operating system
- Referral source/exit pages
- Length of visit
- Page views
- Website navigation and search terms that you use
What we do with the information we gather
The main reason we use this information is to provide you with both an improved website experience and details about our products and services, but we (or third party data processors, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf) may also use the information:
- To help us perform our services
- To assess the risk of performing our services
- To enable us to enforce our rights under our terms and conditions if necessary
- To administer our Sites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our products and services
- As part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure;
- For promotional purposes including, without limitation, to share the personal data with businesses in our group and with selected third parties whom we believe have products or services that may be of interest to you
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If RationalFX or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In order to improve the website, we may use small files commonly known as “cookies”. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to in this policy as a ‘device’) from the Sites and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
A cookie records on your device information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited our website before). The cookies we use on the Sites won't collect personally identifiable information about you and we won't disclose information stored in cookies that we place on your device to third parties.
We currently set the following cookies:
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics tracking|
|Drupal||Drupal functionality, login, comments|
|rationalfx.us3.list-manage.com||Mailchimp cookie for signup|
|secure.rationalfx.com||Main platform cookie. Login & remember last currency used|
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How to contact us