Rational Thinking: Sterling Surges After Constructive Talks
- GBP had a volatile start to the week.
- Concerns grew as EU’s response to PM’s new deal was not promising.
- Breakdown in talks as Angela Merkel demands to keep NI in Custom Unions.
- Sterling recovered slightly as Johnson held emergency talks with Irish PM.
- GBP rallied after Irish and UK PMs agree ‘they can see a pathway to a possible deal’.
- Sterling surged to a three month-highs on Friday.
- Bank of England Governor Mark Carney speaks.
- Consumer Price Index year on year.
- Retail Sales month on month.
- Core Retail Sales month on month.
- Retails Sales month on month.