Rational Thinking: MPs Plan Legislation To Stop No-deal Brexit
- G7 summit saw Boris Johnson more optimistic about a potential agreement with the EU.
- The Pound railed after Jeremy Corbyn’s talks with opposition about legislation to prevent a no-deal Brexit and an extension of the current deadline.
- The Queen gave the green light to Boris Johnson for Parliament suspension, causing Sterling’s gains to be reversed.
- Parliament suspension saw Sterling jump to its highest level since December 2018.
- Trade tensions continue to escalate between the US and China. Both nations want to raise tariffs against each other which saw the dollar fall.
- The Dollar recovered later during the week when both parties spoke about the ongoing trade situation hoping for more favourable conditions.
- On Friday, Trump confirmed that a meeting on trade between the US and China is still scheduled for September.
- Inflation report hearings
- MPs return to parliament and are looking to put forward a legislation to prevent a no-deal Brexit
- Manufacturing PMI
- Average hourly earnings m/m
- Non-farm employment change
- Unemployment rate
- FED Chair Powell Speaks