Yesterday's Market Movers
- There was no data released from the UK yesterday.
- From the Eurozone we had the EU Sentix Investor Confidence and Producer Price Index. The EU Sentix Investor confidence came out much lower at 3.5 from 8.6 and for the PPI both monthly and yearly figures the Euro dropped slightly but managed to stay stronger against the pound.
Today's Market Movers
- There are no figures being released from the UK today.
- From the Euro-zone we have retail sales (MoM) and (YoY) both expected better. If these figures come in better we could see the Euro strengthen on the back of this fuelling further speculation of a rate hike.
- Also from Euro-zone we have German Factory orders (MoM) and (YoY) both are expected better.
- This evening we have Ben Bernanke’s speech about the US economy. He is likely to be bullish and talk the US Dollar up.