Daily Market News 27 June 2011
Friday’s Market movers
- There was no data on the UK on Friday
- For the Euro Zone, Germany IFO came in better than expected although this failed to see any revival for the currently troubled Euro.
- For the US, the GDP Price Index came in better than expected as well with 3.9%. (It was expected at 1.9%). Still for the US, the GDP Annualized came in at 1.9% and was expected at 1.9% as well. We have seen the USD being strengthened thanks to the GDP growth even if the US goods orders have come in lower than expected with 0.6%.
Today’s Market movers
- There is no data in the UK and the Euro Zone today.
- For the US, the data are expected at 12:30. It’s not a big day for the US with just the personal incomes and these are unlikely to have any major effect as the main movements for the USD seem to be coming from risk aversion caused by the problems in Greece at the moment.