Kickstart – HR Intern
This is a 6-months paid Kickstart internship opportunity, specifically created for 16-24 years old, who are currently unemployed or claiming Universal Credit.
If you are interested in applying, please call your local Job Centre and speak to your work coach. You will need their referral in order to apply for this role. Please note direct applications without a Job Centre referral will not be accepted.
If you are a Tower Hamlets resident you can get free support from and register your interest with Tower Hamlets Work Path.
This role will be 25 hours a week, Monday to Friday, hours per day to be agreed.
Working closely with the HR Advisor and Head of HR, you will support the team and the business by providing effective administrative support in relation to recruitment and selection, pay and benefits, training and development, employee engagement and employee relations.
Skills and attributes
- Interest in starting a career in Human Resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload and meet competing deadlines
- Self-motivated and resilient with the ability to thrive in a result oriented and fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and use own initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work within a team to achieve results together
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to learn
During the placement, you will be fully supported through:
- A structured training programme on all aspects of Human Resources and the Employee Lifecycle
- Regular check ins with your manager
- A dedicated mentor
- Informal bi-weekly check ins with a Careers Officer
- Training and development workshops to support employability and interpersonal skills
- Social media and developing a personal brand
- Developing and tailoring a CV
- Writing a cover letter
- Writing a personal statement
- Interview skills
RationalFX is committed to employment practices that promote diversity and inclusion in employment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion or belief.